Our client is the American Friends of Yeshivot Bnei Akiva www.yaba-do.org
They seek a full time Executive Director to help lead the organization as they embark upon a period of strategic growth. The right candidate will be a creative, high energy, emotionally intelligent individual. He or she works well independently and can also foster strong, effective work relationships with remote colleagues. He or she is a passionate Religious Zionist and wants to apply their administrative, fundraising and programming expertise to this cause. The Executive Director will work in conjunction with the Israeli network, and report to the US Board of Directors.
The job is remote. Candidates must live in NY, NJ, or CT. Periodic travel to South Florida and West Coast.
- Development: Create and implement a fundraising strategy including but not limited to the following activities:
- Face-to-face meetings with existing and prospective donors for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective, including major gift prospects
- Identify new prospects and opportunities for philanthropic support
- Collaborate with colleagues, program staff and volunteers to create plans and innovative programming to build and promote awareness of the YBA “brand” in the US
- Cultivation of leadership and membership: Working with the current board of directors to develop and implement strategic programming. Recruiting new members to the board
- Serving as a public relations ambassador and spokesperson, including maintaining an active presence on social media
- Working closely with Israeli home office to keep abreast of developments, needs and opportunities within the network.
- Proven success with donor facing, major gifts fundraising.
- A self-starter with ability to work independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; excellent writing. Organizational and communicative skills
- Creative, versatile and high-energy individual with ability to innovate, generate idea and multi-task
As the representative of YBA in the US, it is crucial that the director represent our values.
It is expected that the director will:
- Be a passionate Religious Zionist who fully identifies with the goals and mission of the organization
- Project an image of professionalism and one consistent with YBA’s values.