Our client, The Jewish Educational Center (JEC) in Elizabeth, NJ is seeking an experienced, innovative and dedicated Executive Director with a strong appreciation for the value of Jewish Education and building community. This unique opportunity to join a one-of-a-kind institution comes with the planned retirement of JEC’s highly respected Executive Director this year after over two decades of outstanding service.
The Executive Director will report to and partner with the JEC Dean and Executive Vice President to fulfill the JEC’s mission and further its commitment to excellence in education and communal service. As a key member of the executive leadership team, the Executive Director will build upon JEC’s success overseeing operations, enrollment and tuition processes, community and vendor relationships, facility, security and campus management, and partnerships. The Executive Director will also collaborate with JEC’s Director of Technology to further EdTech initiatives, cyber security and technology maintenance, readiness, and advancement. The Executive Director will work with the Director of Finance to ensure proper fiscal management and compliance.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working closely with professionals and lay leaders in either a not-for-profit or corporate setting. Seven to ten years of experience in operations and finance in Yeshiva day school or similar experience is preferred. The candidate will have leadership experience with financial operations, direct knowledge of operational and capital budgets, planning, reporting, and allocation of resources. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and enjoys working on several initiatives and projects simultaneously.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Directs the management of the four JEC campuses, overseeing plant utilization, the director of maintenance and all outside contractors and vendors and internal systems.
- Directs the management of Information Technology, overseeing the director of IT and all outside contractors and vendors and internal systems.
- Directs the management of campus security, overseeing the director of safety and security and all outside contractors and vendors and internal systems.
- Manages the tuition, scholarship and accounts receivables process and interaction with parents.
- Manages the contracts and coordination of annual student transportation to and from school.
- Manages all government entitlements, grants and purchasing.
- Manages the preparation of reports as required by government agencies
- Coordinate the work of the administrative and support staff in the Business Office.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, community and lay leadership.
- Liaises and maintains positive productive relationships with sister agencies societies, including Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest, JFS, and other communal, civic and religious organizations.
- Manage leases and agreements with outside vendors and entities.
- Manage insurance coverages to the people and property of the JEC
- Work with lay leadership and professionals on institutional advancement and related events and programs.
- BA required. Masters, a plus.
- 10+ years related professional experience.
- Management experience with a track record of successful execution.
- Excellent commutation skills, ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Work in and encourage a strong collaborative environment.