Position and Organization
Our client is the Moise Safra Center www.moisesafracenter.org
They have an entrepreneurial and leadership opportunity for a high-level professional with proven organizational and management experience to work with an executive team to manage, oversee, and energize a new, vibrant and vital Jewish center on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. The Moise Safra Center is looking for an experienced and effective Director of Finance, who will be responsible for the financial management of the center and will also be an integral part of the senior management team. The Director of Finance will report to the Executive Director.
Recently opened on 82nd Street and Lexington Avenue, the Moise Safra Center’s 65,000 square foot building will be a vertical campus of 14 floors with dedicated venues for social, recreational, educational, and wellness activities for all ages as well as for worship and Jewish study. The facility will include a pool, fitness center, synagogue and beit midrash, culinary, dance and yoga studios, elegant banquet space with outdoor terrace and views of the whole city. This is a unique opportunity for a talented executive to help develop and manage a signature Jewish center combining tradition and innovation to nurture the mind, body and soul of its membership in a sophisticated urban setting.
Provide leadership to the organization in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Day to Day business management of the Center
- Payroll / Human Resources
- Legal / Contracts / Insurance
- Ensure organizational synergy
- Support and advise the Executive Director in decision making
- Establish, manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities; including budgets, financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee all functions of business office including accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, and financial audit.
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure effective internal controls, compliance with governmental and contractual requirements and timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensure that relevant financial data and reports are presented to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Support Senior Management Team in maximizing revenue.
- Represent the Center to financial partners, including financial institutions and auditors.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee management of all legal activities including, contracts, letters of agreement, leases, and other legal documents and agreements.
- Oversee payroll, benefits, and Human Resources.
- Business insurance: procurement, monitoring and management.
- Work with senior staff on applying for and receiving various institutional and government grants.
- Minimum of a BA /BS.
- Strong finance experience: Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a senior management role.
- Experience at JCCs, Chabad Houses, Country Clubs, University clubs, required
- Experience with QuickBooks, Quattro C preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the Moise Safra Center.
- Entrepreneurial or Start Up work experience, preferred
- CPA preferred