Our client is Ohel Children’s Home & Family Services. www.ohelfamily.org. They provide individual and family support services for people of all ages, to effectively manage disability, surmount everyday challenges, heal from trauma, promote physical and emotional well-being, and manage with strength and dignity during times of crisis.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) has overall strategic and operational responsibility for all programs. This individual will provide the leadership of both program operations and revenue management and supervise and manage a group of program directors as part of the agency’s senior leadership team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all of the agency’s programs and will manage a group of program directors. The COO will provide leadership to agency’s strategic planning process and provide coordination for senior management team.
The COO will work with the senior fiscal and operations team to develop, implement, and manage the operational aspects of the annual budget. The COO will cultivate existing relationships with public and private partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Operational Leadership:
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all Programs (including Housing), e.g. Managed Care Transitions, Outpatient Services, Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, Children’s Services.
- Identify opportunities to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Supervise, lead, coach, develop, and retain high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis, and maintain high quality standards.
- Develop and implement training programs to expand the capacity of all staff.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of all operational units, through sound fiscal management.
- Have advanced knowledge in existing revenue cycle management practices.
External Relationship Development:
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with government funders, along with Agency Directors, to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
- Comfort in publicly representing the agency, to external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations.
- Communicate and cultivate relationships with client families.
Strategic Plan Implementation:
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the CEO and staff. Supervise program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
- Experience at Nonprofit Social Service Agencies or relevant nonprofit organizations, required.
- Master’s degree required.
- At least 10 years of experience and a track record in senior program management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to supervise a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management ($20-$40 mil).
- Track record of effectively leading a direct service organization with a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.