Our client is the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding www.ffeu.org
They seek a Chief of Staff, to work closely with the organizations founder, Rabbi Marc Schneier.
The Chief of Staff serves as a key member of the organization, responsible for the central coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information. He will oversee and liaison with the local & overseas staff.
- Anticipate the needs of the Founder
- Ensure information flow to and from the executive office, via all types of venues (forums, correspondence, speeches, conferences, retreats, etc.)
- Facilitate communication and work closely with the leadership and executive management team.
- Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
- Act as the Founder’s representative and ambassador to external constituents as directed
- Oversee the Office and Global Program staff.
- Assist in relationship building with various Board members
- Track, monitor and follow the progress of projects, action items, strategies that emanate from the executive’s cabinet, executive committee, etc.
- Develop memos, communiqués, and correspondence.
- Prepare agendas, identify meeting participants,
- Collect, prepare, and distribute appropriate briefing materials
- Ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken
- Initiate subsequent follow-up meetings and communication for key stakeholders as directed
- Work with the Administrator to ensure accuracy, coordination, and prioritization of the calendar
- Review correspondence and draft responses for the Founder as appropriate, or forward to the appropriate person for response and/or reply
- Off Hour availability & some travel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required;
- Master’s in Public Administration, Business Administration, International Relations, preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years in a relevant Organization, International Relations, Consulate, Embassy, State or National Congressional or Senate Office.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong managerial ability. Ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels and to work collaboratively across functions, levels and departments toward shared objectives.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a Global team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on a timely and organized basis.
- Sound management skills, ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas.