Our client is a summer camp that deals exclusively with individuals with special needs and developmental disabilities.
Reporting to the Executive Director and The Board of Directors, the CDO will implement fundraising programs to successfully meet annual, program and campaign goals. They will liaison with Jewish communities around the country to develop and implement fundraising programs.
This is a hands-on position which may require periodic evening and Sunday work.
- Manage all strategies and activities to identify, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward donors and prospects.
- Increase donor prospect pipeline by identifying new sources of support and manage foundation and major donor relations by preparing proposals and reports
- Plan and implement fundraising events and special programs tailored to local target populations
- Communicate regularly with funders and help create materials and initiatives that reflect an energetic approach to cultivation and support
- Execute full-circle grassroots fundraising activities to achieve annual revenue goals including formulating strategies that focus on new donor acquisition and upgrading current donors to higher giving levels
- Collaborate with staff members and alumni to develop peer-to-peer and other fundraising campaigns
- Assist in the launch, execution and tracking of Capital Campaign
- Minimum of 7 years of donor facing fundraising experience
- Experience in Fundraising, Major Gifts, Grant and Volunteer Management
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with experience working with local Jewish communities and the ability to convey a passion for their mission.
- Proficiencies with donor software, technologically savvy and social media effective, a plus
- Understanding of issues important to the Jewish Community and experience working with Jewish communal leadership, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience