Columbus Torah Academy (CTA), accredited by ISACS, is an independent, coeducational, K-12, college-preparatory Modern Orthodox Jewish day school dedicated to developing educated, contributing, active, aware members of contemporary American and Jewish societies. The school year 2019-20 marks our 61st year of educating the Jewish future. The thousands of alumni and former students are proof to the critical work CTA has and is doing for the Jewish people.
The last few years, CTA has enjoyed dynamic growth. We have almost quadrupled our Spring fundraiser, balanced our budget, increased enrollment, secured a significant amount of grant money, developed our academic philosophy, and added new and innovative educational programming/curricula. The CTA Lion pride is shining strong with faculty and staff proud to be part of our team. Parents and alumni play a significant role in our recruitment efforts, and are passionate about growing our school community.
Join the Story
We have a strong leadership team that works well together and are excited to welcome a new member to our team. We are looking for a visionary educational leader; a person who is kind, self-motivated and who will inspire others to have a growth mindset with high expectations for academic excellence. Our leadership team member must be a highly qualified educator who is thorough and eager to help Columbus Torah Academy continue to advance into an even stronger academic institution.
Upper School Principal’s role in our story:
- In conjunction with the Head of School, develop a strategic plan to actualize our vision for the Upper School
- Responsible for operations and oversight of the Upper School
- Uphold our educational philosophy in all areas of the Upper School
- Inspire and motivate your educational team to grow and improve their practice
- Continuously research best practices and current trends in education
- Maintain healthy school culture
- Foster a collaborative environment within the team
- Graduate degree in Education/ or specific academic area
- Minimum of three years’ experience teaching High School
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a leadership position
- Formal training in school leadership
- Excellent communication skills in both speaking and writing
Columbus is one of the best communities for Orthodox living. We have a young, vibrant and growing Jewish community with one of the fastest growing job markets in the Midwest. Columbus offers extremely affordable housing and the entire vital infrastructure to raise a Jewish family.
One can easily purchase a beautiful 3- bedroom/2- Bathroom home of approximately 1,800 sq. ft. for under $200,000, or rent it for less than $1,500 per month. And what makes Columbus even more affordable is that we have state tuition vouchers in selective areas, which significantly reduce the cost of day school education.
Columbus is home to 3 vibrant Orthodox synagogues, a community kollel, kosher cafe restaurant, a brand new beautiful mikvah built like a spa, an eruv, a JCC, and preschools.