Reporting to the Executive Director, the Tuition Assistance Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and directing all financial aid services and functions in accordance with applicable school policies and procedures. The Manager will support the Yeshivah’s mission to recruit and retain all families that seek the type of Jewish education and philosophy that our Yeshivah provides and whose children meet the admission requirements.
- Manage, develop and oversee the daily operations of all aspects of the Tuition Assistance process.
- Manage the related financial aid budget and serve as part of the initial offers, decisions and appeals.
- Evaluate existing tuition assistance policies and make recommendations for changes to improve the equity of distribution of funds to the most qualified families.
- Evaluate tuition assistance applications and determine the suggested tuition assistance award for each one.
- Present the suggested awards to the board committee for review and approval.
- Ensure all deadlines are met, from applicants and the Yeshivah.
- Provide informed proposed decisions on each applicant to board committee for approval based on research and analysis.
- Achieve a full understanding of each account, through phone, written and in-person communication as needed.
- Communicate decisions to applicants in a sensitive and timely manner.
- Provide highest level of customer service by ensuring families understand the application process, timeline and requirements as well as advising families on financial aid issues.
- Partner with the office of Admissions in promoting the tuition assistance process through presentations and meetings with prospective parents.
- Handle Collections, to ensure that families who receive tuition assistance keep current on their payment plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting with two to three years of related experience, preferably in an Academic institution.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and personal information and ensure the utmost discretion at all times.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Computer literacy, including word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as ability to learn and use other applications as required.