Our client is a private Modern Orthodox Jewish day school located in Southern New Jersey.
For the school year 2022-2023, the School Psychologist, Grades 1 – 8, will work collaboratively as a member of the Educational Support Team (EST) along with the Principal, Rosh Yeshiva, Assistant Principals, and Curriculum Coordinators, to help teachers meet the needs of all students, especially those who exhibit academic, emotional and r behavioral differences.
- Screen students for potential psychological issues and make recommendations for treatment plans based on this screening
- Network with teachers and families to create 504 plans and Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) that help ensure success for kids who have disabilities
- Counsel students and parents while pointing them toward further resources when needed
- Collaborate with the EST team to design and implement intervention strategies and programs
- Administer therapy to children with developmental, learning or behavioral delays
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding student health and academic records
- Experience working as a school interventionist or psychologist
- Firm understanding of child and school psychology
- Commitment to continuing education as a school psychologist throughout your career
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- Ability to maintain and organize confidential records
- Understanding and commitment to following all related laws and standards
- Organizational, scheduling and planning skills to manage complex schedule, and the schedule of many kids
- Develop with the Administrative and EST teams a plan for professional development of teachers on topics relating to the social/emotional welfare of all students.
- Develop with the Administrative and EST teams a plan for organizational skills for middle school students.
- Develop with Administrative and EST teams a plan for parent workshop on topics relating to social/emotional welfare of all students.