The General Studies Principal of Yavneh High School runs the day to day operations and reports directly to the Head of School. The Principal will be a visionary leader and educator who has classroom experience on multiple levels, a repertoire of effective educational methods and strong administration skills. The Principal will work with the staff, administration, teachers and parents to provide an excellent education, a warm, yet challenging classroom environment and a positive atmosphere in the school. By developing relationships, encouraging enrollment and creating a sense of community amongst the students and parent body, the Principal will ensure continued viability of the school.
The role of principal includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- To maintain congruency between the school’s board-approved mission statement and all activities of that division.
- To function as the chief articulator of Yavneh’s programs, expectations, behavioral guidelines, and other information necessary to ensure that all constituencies are fully informed consistent with their individual roles.
- General responsibility for the day to day operations of the school
- Organize all scheduling of classes and oversee all general studies class changes over the year
- Coordinating special programming and speakers in conjunction with the Judaic directors
- Responsible to update student-parent manual yearly and coordinate distribution
- Responsible to update staff manual yearly in conjunction with the director of Human Resources
- Student orientation planning with athletic director and dean of students
- Act as AP coordinator in overseeing curriculum aspects of AP classes
- To ensure compliance with legal requirements of government regulations and agencies including private school accrediting agencies
- Crafting the academic calendar and participating in the general calendaring of the year
- Responsible for advancing Yavneh’s commitment to the highest General Studies educational standards and ensuring a dynamic learning environment for students, teachers and staff
- Work hand in hand with the Judaic principal and the head of school to advance the mission of excellence in Judaic and General studies
- Oversee development, advancement and implementation of curricula along with department chairs
- Be involved with students and ensure structures which support student needs
- Work closely with director of student learning to support students who have learning differences or otherwise need additional academic support
- Responsible for overseeing discipline of students with the dean of student
- Overseeing tracking for residency, on-time arrival and class attendance
- To be aware of the educational, physical, social, and psychological needs of the members of our school community and to develop plans for meeting these needs.
- Responsible for coordinating social emotional support and programming for students in conjunction with Jewish Family Services & guidance counselor as needed
- Teaching responsibilities as determined with the head of school
- Approve hiring of all general studies teachers and be ultimately responsible for recruiting and retention of high quality teachers, in conjunction with the HOS.
- Ensure a good working environment for teachers.
- Inspire, motivate and evaluate all teachers using best-practice observation and feedback cycle as well as formal evaluations
- Provide adequate training and continuing education for teachers
- Chair or organize teacher committees
- Engage closely with the parents and be a strong, active presence on campus.
- Responsible for regular parent communication including bi-weekly emails
- Field all parent concerns and meet with parents as needed
- Assist with recruitment as needed
- Masters degree
- 3-5 years in an Administrative position
How to Apply:
Candidates who are ready to apply should submit the following materials:
- A cover letter indicating why you are particularly interested in serving as High School General Studies Principal at Yavneh Academy of Dallas
- An introduction to how your experiences qualify you for this leadership position
- A current résumé
- Statement of educational philosophy and practice