Leading Jewish Day School in Los Angeles, CA is seeking an Early Childhood Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Hire and supervise 15 teachers and up to 20 teachers’ assistants in early childhood, ages 18 months – 6 years old.
- Provide ongoing training and professional development.
- Screen and assess all incoming students and to review student benchmarks throughout the year.
- Ensure appropriate programming and special events for classes, parents, and relatives.
- Review and provide input on weekly lesson plans
- Provide counseling and advice to parents on academic, social/ emotional, developmental, religious concerns.
- Review and make ongoing advances in the EC curriculum.
- Ensure safety protocols are trainings are conducted.
- Act on school leadership team under supervision of Headmaster.
- Budget materials, supplies, needs etc to support EC program
- Candidate must have at least a Masters degree in Early Childhood Ed, Child Development, Child Psychology or other related area.
- Leadership experience necessary.