Our client is Touro Lander College for Men (LCM), www.lcm.touro.edu . They are located in Queens, NY.
The role of the Director of Career Services is to enable students (and alumni) to secure a position that is in line with their strengths and interests by guiding them through a well-defined, time-tested job search process. This process includes assistance in career selection, professional resume creation, interviewing skills enhancement, and aggressive cultivation of job and internship opportunities. The position reports to the Dean.
- Meet with current students and alumni in all majors, including business, Rabbinic, and health sciences, to guide them to gain internships and/or employment
- Assist students in choosing their career direction – not making the decision for them – by utilizing a Socratic dialogue approach
- Maintain relationships with the current set of employers and aggressively reach out to new employers to hire LCM students as interns and full time employees
- Assist in writing a professional resume
- Enhance phone and in-person interviewing skills through mock interview practice individually and in a group setting
- Help students to build their network and learn how to “work” their network
- Guide students to conduct Informational Interviews
- Instruct students in salary negotiations
- Work closely with Office of Alumni Affairs and individual alumni to secure internships and employment opportunities for LCM students.
- Know current technologies used by Career Services and explore new ones to help students develop and secure employment
- Serve as a role model for business etiquette, dress code, etc.
- Collaborate with the other Career Services offices at the Lander College of Arts & Sciences in Flatbush, the Lander College for Women, NY-SCAS, Machon L’Parnassah and SLE.
- Work on all aspects of the bi-annual Touro College Career Fairs and deliver the associated Preparatory Workshops.
- Develop active, effective leads for internships and full time positions; post leads on the Career Services’ bulletin board and strategically around the campus
- Investigate new ways to help students find employment
- Stay on top of changes in the field of Career Coaching / Counselling
- Assist in the development of the Career Services budget and keep track of expenditures.
- Oversee Career Services office policies and procedures
- Collect data relevant to the internships and full time positions secured by students and alumni.
- Manage all aspects of the LCM Alumni Mentoring Program
- Interface with the Purchasing Department to create Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, etc.
- In-depth experience in career coaching or counseling (academic, corporate, non-profit)
- Have a network of employers
- Superior interviewing, resume writing, networking skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Have a positive orientation and translate that into the ability to see the positive traits of every student
- A high level of self-awareness
- Strong organization, time management and administrative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent workshop creation and delivery skills; well-honed facilitation skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Deans, other Career Services Directors, Administrative personnel, Faculty, and technical staff
- Desire to constantly learn about today’s changing workplace
- Be open to faculty, employer and student suggestions / feedback
- When hired, manage an Assistant Director
- MBA or equivalent or Masters in HR
- Certification in career coaching or counselling
- Managerial and work experience in one or more corporations