On behalf of our client Hebrew Theological College, we are accepting applications for the position of Assistant Principal of Limudei Kodesh of the Fasman Yeshiva High School, located in Skokie, Illinois. The Fasman Yeshiva High School is the secondary school division of the Hebrew Theological College and a vital institution within the Chicago Jewish community. Its nurturing environment and educational mission reflect that welcoming spirit.
Hebrew Theological College, founded in 1921, is committed to producing Torah-imbued college graduates who will serve the Jewish community and humanity through their professional and personal vocations. Hebrew Theological College provides coursework leading to undergraduate degrees in Judaic Studies, Accounting, Business, Education, English, Health Services Psychology and Speech and Language Pathology. In addition to the two college divisions – The Men’s Bais Medrash/College Program and the Blitstein Teachers Institute for Women – Hebrew Theological College also includes the Fasman Yeshiva High School preparatory division for young men. Hebrew Theological College is accredited by the Higher Learning commission, and a partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community. HTC officially partnered with Touro College in 2015.
The Assistant Principal of Limudei Kodesh will be responsible to work collaboratively with the Menahel/ Principal of Fasman Yeshiva High School in creating and sustaining an environment of academic and professional excellence for students and Limudei Kodesh faculty in a collaborative working environment. The Assistant Principal of Limudei Kodesh is charged with supervising the day-to-day operations of the Limudei Kodesh Program at Fasman Yeshiva High School and assist in other administrative tasks and student programming. He is tasked with demonstrating creative, proactive, and inspirational leadership. The Assistant Principal must ensure that Fasman Yeshiva High school provides a high-quality Judaic studies program in a safe and nurturing environment. The Assistant Principal of Limudei Kodesh will report to the Menahel/Principal of Fasman Yeshiva High School.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- A strong leader with vision and a passion for education
- Compassionate, warm and reflective, with the ability to communicate empathetically with parents, students and teachers.
- An experienced high school leader and pedagogue with a track record of success in fostering a strong academic environment for all learners and facilitating faculty supervision for growth.
- Appreciative of our student-centered culture and always attuned to the educational and social needs of the students and their unique potential.
- A collaborative team player who can lead effectively while listening to and incorporating the perspectives of others.
- Well educated and a lifelong learner who promotes educational excellence and the thoughtful professional development of faculty.
- An Excellent manager who can still be flexible and adaptive within a highly energetic environment of multiple stakeholders, while remaining organized and goal oriented
- A broad thinker in exploring academic possibilities, teaching methodology and 21st Century learning strategies that will empower and support a wide range of learners.
DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Menahel/Principal and Administrative Team to ensure overall school climate optimizes student learning, fosters vibrant religious and community life, and supports academic, religious and personal growth.
Limudei Kodesh Program
- Develop and Improve Curriculum in Gemara, Chumash, Navi, Halacha, Hashkafa, and Tefila utilizing the latest teaching methodologies
- Supervise and Lead Daily Minyan
- Monitor student performance in Limudei Kodesh and address each students academic and behavioral needs
- Run various educational and student activity programs throughout the year
- Maintain and enhance academic excellence in Limudei Kodesh Classrooms
- Limudei Kodesh Faculty supervision, evaluation, and Development
- Oversight of all Israel Guidance and programs
Social Emotional Development
- Partner with Administrative Team to ensure social and emotional development of each student.
- Create opportunities to develop personal relationships with all students
- Help facilitate Schools Shabbatons and Shabbos Onegs
Recruitment and Admission
- Be part of Administrative team in interviewing and assessing each applicant to help determine admission status; placement of all students in Judaic Studies Classes
- Take an active role in recruitment of new students
- Collaborate with the Menahel on placement of all students in Limudei Kodesh Classes
- Available to teach a daily limudei Kodesh class/shiur
Education & Experience
- A Master’s Degree or above in Education or related fields
- Relevant experience in educational curriculum development and leadership
- Capable of delivering engaging shiurim
- Able to represent HTC in a very positive light to the community
- Superior Interpersonal skills
- An engaging teacher and speaker to students and the broad community
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Dynamic and Charismatic Personality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Respected by rabbinic faculty, students and parents for his knowledge and interpersonal conduct