Our client is Magen David Yeshivah www.magendavidyeshivah.org They seek an Assistant Principal to assist the Principal in the leadership, direction and supervision of the Middle School program.
- Assist the Principal in the development, implementation, improvement, and evaluation of the instructional program conforming to the school mission statement.
- Provide instructional leadership by keeping current in instructional techniques and technology.
- Work as part of a collaborative leadership team in school administration
- Assist in evaluation of student academic performance and provide leadership to improve this performance.
- Conduct parent and student meetings and attend all school activities
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Assist in screening, interviewing, and recommending employment and contractual status of staff.
- Mentor, assess and assist in the evaluation and supervision of teachers.
- Help maintain high staff morale.
- Assist in coordination and development of the curriculum.
- Work with the principal in implementing new programs into the curriculum.
- Evaluate effectiveness of program and curriculum.
- Partner with parents in working to provide children with optimal levels of challenge
- Collaborate with the Dean, counsel and instruct students for behavioral change.
- Assists staff to develop appropriate responses to student behavior.
- Support the school/community organizations.
- Develop and maintain positive communication with the community.
- Assist in the efficient management of resources.
- Meet with teachers to evaluate textbook needs and orders.
- Must have Rabbinical Ordination and/or a Masters degree or higher, preferably in a major concentration in educational administration
- At least five years of successful highly qualified teaching experience in education is required.
- Strong skills in culturally relevant education and a demonstrated ability to work with teachers, staff, and the community to maximize student achievement.
- Ability to implement policy based progressive discipline with students and staff with consistent and equitable conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills to support staff evaluation, school-wide strategic planning, and professional development activities.