About the School
Our client is SINAI Schools www.sinaischools.org They are widely regarded as a leader in special education.
SINAI@JKHA is a Modern Orthodox special education elementary school that partners with Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy (JKHA), located in Livingston, NJ.
SINAI operates schools and adult programs for individuals with a wide range of learning and developmental disabilities as well as other special needs.
About the Position
The Director will serve as the lead educational executive at SINAI@JKHA, inspiring and leading a highly collaborative professional team of experienced teachers, therapists (SLP, OT, PT, Psychologist, Art Therapist, Music therapist) and administrators. Multiple times during the week, the Director will facilitate formal 1:1 and team meetings to support and stretch staff in their work with students. SINAI will equip the Director with the resources and bandwidth to focus on the individual profiles of each of the students, and to implement what is needed to help each one grow academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. A unique aspect of this position is that the Director will benefit from being part of a professional cohort of Directors of SINAI Schools, through which he or she will have the opportunity to collaborate, inspire and be inspired. The Director will report to the Dean of SINAI Schools, who will provide guidance and support.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Creation and oversight of curriculum and IEPs
- Oversight of admissions
- Staff supervision, development and evaluation
- Collaboration with partner school (JKHA) personnel
- Parent communication and programming
- Coordination with outside service providers working with students
Qualifications of the Position
- An advanced degree in special education or related (eg: therapeutic or mental health) field
- Experience in the field of special education
- Proven track record of inspiring staff and students
- Commitment to developing the “whole” child
- Commitment to establishing and maintaining a collaborative team
- Strong supervisory experience and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills