Our client is a prominent leading independent Jewish day school, grades K-12. The school is located in Ocean Township, in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
To be an executive who, through the strategic use of technology improvement, enhances the learning outcomes of the K-12 students as well as gains efficiency in the administration of the school business office.
- Provide leadership in the identification, assessment, and management of technology needs for the school and its educational and financial components with the Administration and Board of Education.
- Direct, coordinate, supervise, facilitate, or perform all tasks and elements needed to effect comprehensive integration of appropriate technology into the relevant facets of the academic, recruitment, fundraising, community and financial aspects of the school.
- Contribute to the infusion of educational technology into classrooms, libraries/media centers, and business office by providing highly motivating, full-time, professional leadership in all areas of technology planning and technology resource management.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in a related field
- At least 4 years’ experience in K-12 education preferred
- Demonstrated professional experience in a technology & operations leadership role
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as speaking and presentation skills
- Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL) certification is a plus
- Experience in the Jewish Day School environment is a plus.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of technology for the school.
- Coordinate development, refinement, and execution of the school’s strategic technology plan in collaboration with the Administration and Board of Education.
- Lead school initiatives, collaborating across departments and functional areas that support adoption and implementation of technology in all aspects of school business, including those that improve teaching and learning and promote 21st century skills.
- Create and support cross-functional teams for needs assessment, decision-making, technology support, professional development, and other aspects of the school technology program.
- Manage and direct staff in support of all technology applications to help the school meet goals of strategic plan.
- Supervise or coordinate the skills development of all employees in the operation of technology.
- Build awareness among employees of available resources and the role of technology in the instructional process.
- Develop and coordinate a broad range of technology-based resources, maximizing the availability and utilization of these resources.
- Design and implement assessment processes for measuring the utilization and effectiveness of technology to support continuous improvement.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive and cost-effective program of preventive maintenance and repair services for technology devices.
- Coordinate the development of specifications, selection, and purchasing of technology resources to ensure all acquisitions provide optimum utility and are cost-effective.
- Work effectively with vendors and other external partners. Participate in the application and administration of technology-related grants to optimize external funding of school and system needs.
- Attend relevant professional conferences and seminars
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned