The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative and operational support to the CEO and to help conserve the CEO’s time by managing communications, scheduling, speaking engagements and travel, as well as various administrative tasks.
The position requires the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact with prominent individuals with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality are required. The position offers a great opportunity to learn about Israel-related issues and Jewish communal concerns.
- Provide smooth bridge for communication between CEO, staff, key contacts and constituencies
- Manage incoming/outgoing telephone calls and track messages
- Arrange CEO appointments and maintain active calendar of professional engagements
- Manage bookings for CEO public speaking engagements
- Obtain and compile information to assist top Executive with preparation of speeches and media interviews
- Communicate with individuals including government officials and prominent public personalities on behalf of CEO
- Draft and send correspondence
- Type/revise dictated and written communications, transcripts and other documents
- Coordinate detailed travel plans, itineraries and related arrangements
- Coordinate arrival of visitors and packages to high security office
- Update and maintain accurate information in database; run reports and lists
- Executes/follows up on day-to-day priorities as assigned: maintains information files, processes paperwork, dictation
- Work with confidential information
In addition, the Executive Assistant will follow up on related duties and special initiatives as assigned by CEO and Deputy Director/COO.
- BA degree plus minimum 3-4 years office experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Proficient in relevant software including MS Office Suite
- Ability to learn quickly and become proficient with customized database software (knowledge of eTapestry preferred, although employer will train)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- High motivation, flexibility, discretion, ability to work in a small but dynamic environment that is mission-driven and results-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, sometimes under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members
- Background knowledge of current events in Israel and the Middle East
- Familiarity with Jewish community organizations and priorities
Paid vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, retirement plans, early closing for Shabbat and Jewish holidays, transit checks, flexible spending account for medical costs.
Salary is competitive with market and dependent on experience.