Our client supports the work of the Israel based organization, which enables Israel’s youth to realize their potential and strengthens Israeli society by educating and nurturing children from diverse backgrounds within a framework of Zionist ideals.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Solicitation of major and principal gifts
- Broadening the donor base
- Strategic planning for the region
- Fundraising events
- Leadership development and provide direction in fundraising plans and objectives
- Prospect identification and development
- Increase donor retention
- Planned giving
- Obtaining foundation and corporate support
- Oversee donor pledge collection
- Donor recognition
- Supervise Office Manager
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Be organized and detail-oriented.
- Have ability to work effectively and independently with all levels of professional and lay leadership and organization.
- Have strong leadership qualities.
- Be a self-starter who can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be a communicator with interpersonal skills and sensibilities who perseveres, even in the face of rejection.
- Possess experience in building new major donor programs.
- Be well versed in face-to-face solicitations of major gifts.
- Must be an outstanding relationship builder.
- Have the ability to represent the organization effectively in a variety of settings and with diverse communities.
- Must be outgoing, astute, sensitive, creative, passionate.
- Must have integrity, poise and a sensitivity to others.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Minimum 5 years of development experience required.
- Knowledge of the Greater Los Angeles Jewish community.