Our client is an American Friends Organization, raising funds for Israel’s largest organization caring for the disabled. They seek a North American Director, Resource Development. The position reports to the Director, International Relations Division.
The North American Director will be responsible for the organization’s fundraising in the United States and Canada. In addition to donor solicitations, this could include developing corporate partnerships, organizing fundraising events, and sourcing grant income from trusts, private donors and foundations.
This position has full responsibility for initiating, planning, and implementing all the necessary activities to ensure that the program goals and objectives are accomplished (events, campaigns). They will be supported by a dedicated team of volunteers in North America and the organizations PR & Fundraising team in Israel.
- Maintaining relationships with existing major donors and cultivating new ones, including family foundations that donate to Israel and children with special needs
- Building a strategic fundraising plan for market expansion
- Implementing fundraising strategies
- Develop relationships with Federations that donate to Israel and children with special needs
- Develop relationships with schools, synagogues and communities
- Representing the organization in North America and developing a broad awareness of its work
- Build and expand strong lay leadership for the organization
- Proven experience in successful fundraising, with minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with a strong knowledge of the Jewish community and ability to convey a passion for their mission
- Identification with the organization’s goals
- Experience developing a comprehensive strategic plan, constituency building and solid fundraising methodology
- Research skills and attention to details: sourcing information and statistics, researching trends, assessing costs
- Excellent communication skills
- Working occasional evening and weekend hours will be required and visiting Israel 3-4 times throughout the year, will be essential for keeping in touch with the organizations work