Our client is Israel’s largest health support organization. They seek a Director of Development, to work out of their Brooklyn NY office.
They raise funds to support efforts both in Israel and in the United States. They raise funds through targeted community dinners, parlor meetings and events.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with our current donors.
- Open new markets (in conjunction with the our coordinator and CEO from Israel).
- After initial joint contact, the Director will follow through with the process of identifying event hosts, working with them to further identify prospects and potential donors to attend the event, join committees and assist with planning.
- The Director of Development will work closely with the US Executive Director and office staff.
- This position requires a dynamic, take-charge successful professional with a minimum of 7+ years of development experience; Entrepreneurial spirit, a plus.
- Candidate should have fundraising, special event, networking and PR experience.
- The ideal candidate will also have superior interpersonal and communication skills, strategic planning and constituency building.
- The ideal candidate must possess a deep familiarity with and passion for Jewish philanthropy as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- An understanding of New York/New Jersey and other major cities of Jewish Philanthropy, is helpful.
- Self-confidence, high energy, a “can-do” personality and a passion to do whatever needs to be done to accomplish established goals.