The Vice President for Administration & Operations is the chief financial and administrative services officer of the College and reports directly to the CEO. The Vice President for Administration & Operations is responsible for providing leadership and administrative oversight for planning and directing the College’s finances, human resources, purchasing, student services, emergency preparedness, facilities, campus security, and auxiliary services, including but not limited to food services. In addition, the Vice President for Administration & Operations is responsible for providing leadership for facilities planning and construction and other duties/projects as assigned. In addition, in light of the fact that HTC is a member of the Touro College and University System and that there is a need for significant interaction with Touro, the Vice President for Administration & Operations has a dotted line reporting relationship to Touro’s Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Operations.
- Aims to provide oversight and leadership to ensure sound fiscal performance for HTC
- Oversees HTC financial planning and supervises all budgetary preparation and monitors budget expenditures for all departments reporting to the Vice President of Administration & Operations, and coordinating with the Touro CFO, prepare appropriate analyses and presentations to the CEO and the Board.
- Aims to maximize HTC’s growth and financial performance while leading and managing all operations functions, in coordination with Touro’s CFO and SVP of Operations
- Exercises leadership for and oversight of assigned departments and for the professional training and development of assigned personnel
- Oversees the implementation of College administrative strategic goals and action plans for campus and facilities operations, human resources and student services
- Works and actively leads the management of College administrative operations and services: physical facilities, grounds, security, human resources, student services and food services, to ensure a spirit of college-wide collaboration and teamwork
- The VP will work harmoniously with all of HTC and Touro’s leadership and deans to achieve HTC finance and accounting goals and objectives
- The VP will work closely and collaboratively with the Student Service personnel – bursar, registrar and financial aid departments.
- Oversees the purchasing processes and functions at the College
- Leads the implementation of the College’s safety and emergency plans
- Recommends new or revised systems, methods, programs and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of College departments
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees
- Contributes to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur
- Represents the College to various external entities and with outside agencies and external auditors in matters relating to the College’s financial and operational programs and services
- Performs all other duties necessary to accomplish the objectives of the College and/or as assigned by the
Education, Preparation, and Training
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, management or related field. A Master’s degree and/or CPA certification is highly desirable.
- At least five years’ of financial and administrative experience in a college or not for profit environment or a large, complex organization with multiple funding sources.
- Skill in supervisory leadership, managing, organizing, public speaking and presentations, oral and written communication, human relations, negotiation, budgeting, and project management
- Experience working with enterprise information systems (preferably Banner) with an emphasis on financial accounting software utilization
- Must be creative, detail oriented and possess excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a complex organization with inputs from multiple individuals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Knowledge of the Banner System and Microsoft Project a plus