Our client is The Friends of The Israel Defense Forces (FIDF). Their website is www.fidf.org
The organization was established in 1981. Headquartered in New York City, they operate 15 regional offices in the United States and Panama.
The Deputy National Director will lead the internal operations of the organization under the direct report of the National Director and CEO. He/she acts as advisor to the National Director and CEO and will support fundraising efforts when needed. He/she is responsible to assist the CEO in managing the FIDF and to implement its charitable purpose in an effective, efficient and professional manner.
- Assist in establishing the organizations policy and long-term strategic process.
- Leads and monitor the internal operations of the organization and reports directly to the National Director and CEO.
- Coordinating and leading the work of the headquarters to establish a long-term strategic plan, under the organization’s policy, vision and goals.
- Responsible for the coordination of the organization’s work plan under the organizations’ policy, long-term strategy and priorities.
- Prepare the annual and long-term budget for the approval of the CEO, and monitor its execution under the supervision of the CFO.
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of organization’s annual and long-term work plans and determine course of action to delegate to the appropriate channels, effectively, efficiently and according to budget.
- Identify opportunities for FIDF to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Supervise and provide on-going guidance the headquarters team and the Israel office.
- Attend and present at National & Regional events.
- Responsible to oversee the departments’ efforts on a daily basis, in order to ensure an optimal execution of the annual plan.
- Monitor, instruct and provide support to Regional Directors on a daily basis in order to ensure the optimal execution of the annual plan.
- Oversee and monitor adequacy of fundraising strategies and tactics including research and marketing to maximize headquarters efforts.
- Requires regular participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
- Ensure appropriate level of resources in line with the organization’s values, mission, vision and plans.
- Promote technological infrastructure to maximize communication channels with FIDF supporters and availability of data to support management decisions.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Coach, develop, and retain high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting.
- Experience with leading and growing organizations (experience leading a charitable organization preferred) including proven success anticipating and effectively responding to needs of a growing organization.
- 10+ years of leadership as a hands-on administrator-manager at the most senior level.
- Demonstrated success as a strong manager/leader able to motivate staff and grow an infrastructure.
- Experience in organizational development and strategic planning as well as a demonstrated track record in fundraising.
- Proven management expertise in new program creation, development, management and evaluation in partnership with executive, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing ideas that can be developed in successful marketing, branding, fund development, or program development initiatives.
- Full commitment, belief in and “call” to the mission of FIDF.
- Organizational skills with proven success in building and maintaining a cohesive staff.
- Excellent planning and keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with good judgment, sensitivity, and common sense.
- College degree in relevant field, MBA preferred.
- Spoken Hebrew, preferred.