Our client works on behalf of the Jewish communities and organizations around the world in support of Israel, in the battle against anti-Semitism, racism and issues pertaining to human rights.
Reporting to the CEO/Executive Director, the CFO will be responsible for the internal organization processes and infrastructure, and effective fiscal and administrative management. S/he will be responsible for the development of the financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s international strategic goals.
Provide leadership to the organization in the following areas:
- Financial Management of all organization entities
- Oversee HR Department
- Facilities management including supervision of in-house and out-sourced staff, consultants, contracts, and overall functionality of facilities and program support
- Oversee telephone, information technology and database platforms
- Oversee security
- Organizational archives
- Ensure organizational synergy
This is an advanced management position requiring independent judgment, initiative, and leadership. The CFO will be a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Establish, manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities; including budgets, financial policies and procedures, and internal and external reporting.
- Liaison with Treasurer, Budget and Finance Commission, Audit Committees, Investment Committee, auditors, legal advisors, bank etc.
- Oversee cash flow planning.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure effective internal controls, compliance with governmental and contractual requirements and timely and accurate reporting.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Support Senior Management Team in maximizing revenue and in developing grant, program and project budgets in their respective departments.
- Support and advise the CEO/ Executive Director in decision making.
- Ensure that relevant financial data and reports are presented to the Executive Director, Board and Senior Management Team.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long- term financial plans and projections.
- International Grants management .
- Supervise all tax filings.
- Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions and auditors.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee Financial operations in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Geneva, Vilnius and Zagreb.
- Oversee Purchasing – RFP, Bid Process and Procurement.
- Oversee all functions of business office including accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, and audit.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities: letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements.
- Business insurance: procurement, monitoring and management.
- Information technology, ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, and software applications that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall.
- Ensure smooth daily operations of physical plant and equipment.
- Oversee charitable filings in all states.
- Filing with Charitable watchdog agencies.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO/ Executive Director informed of all critical issues.
- Oversee the Human Resource function including benefits, payroll administration and monitoring, and personnel practices.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, and compensation.
- Oversee policy development and documentation.
- Oversee benefits administration.
- Assure regulatory oversight and legal compliance.
- Facilities Management including Supervision of In-House and Outsourced Staff and Contracts.
- Oversees maintenance of building including cleanliness and functionality.
- Prepares the annual operational budget for the operation of maintenance of facilities based on reports from Senior Management Team.
- Minimum of a BA and CPA required.
- Strong operational experience: Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a senior management role.
- Experience working at organization with overseas office(s), preferred
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, security and operations.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational start-up, change and development within an organization.
- Experience in working in International Organization multi-currency environment.